Bioluminescent Bay Tour
See the Magical Bioluminescent Bay
Vieques is the home of The World's best Bioluminescent bay. See it with the best bio bay by kayak tour company! The magic of the Bio Bay is best experienced with Abe's!
See the beauty and science of Bioluminescence, along with the life of Pyrodinium Bahamense, the single-celled organism responsible for this amazing glow.
We meet in Esperanza or the Sun Bay public beach at sunset. We drive you to the Bay and provide you with kayak, paddle, vest and instruction. After a short paddle, you will hear a very informative session explaining the Bioluminescent bay's unique ecology.
Photo Credit: Billy Robin
When the night is dark, and the stars are out, it is time to see the magic! Watch falling stars and witness Vieques' bioluminescent bay shine like an aqua-blue glowing cloud in this once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Bio Bay must be seen to believe!
Your two-hour kayak tour of the Bio Bay includes pick-up/drop-off at Sun Bay or the Esperanza Malecon.
Bio Bay Tour Photos
Night Bio-Bay Tour Information
- We meet at the second paved parking area of Sun Bay public beach, near Esperanza.
- The Tour lasts 2 hours. Depending on the season, we meet at different times. Please contact us for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Swimming is prohibited in the Bioluminescent Bay according to the rules and regulations of Puerto Rico's Department of Natural and Environmental Resources.
- Two-person ocean kayaks with paddles, life vests, back rests and dry bags.
- $50 Per Adult
- $25 Children 11 and under
- Children under 4 are Free!
- Please note that there is a service fee of $5 per person for all credit card transactions.